Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dinner for 25!

I’m cooking dinner for 25 people this weekend, a mini-fundraiser at $50 a person for a group I belong to here in Davis: the University Farm Circle. It’s a spring menu from the south of France, with lots of my favorite recipes. If I have time (and remember), I’ll take some photos. Here’s the menu:

Appetizers: finger food only
Mixed olives with herbed goat cheese
Duck bites
Baguette/ cheese/fruit
Mixed nuts

Dinner: served buffet-style
Grilled spring lamb, with mint salsa verdé
Baked salmon, with olive and basil butters
Lavender pasta, with wild asparagus & spring vegetables
Red potato and red onion gratin
Warm green bean salad, with garden lettuces and arugula

Desserts: various
Aunt Mary’s cheesecake
Strawberries and fruit compote
Chocolate truffles

Beverages:
Red, white and rosé wines from Bogle
Mixed drinks
Seltzer & Sparkling juices
Decaf French-roast coffee

1 comment: