Monday, May 23, 2011

Wedding Menues

Laura is getting married in September on Shelter Island. She's hoping to have a taco truck (!!!), and if she does, I told her we could manage the rest of the food ourselves. So I've starting trying out fiesta-themed salads, which are also a great addition to whatever we happen to be grilling, now that summer's almost here. Saturday I made a black bean salad from Green's that I've been making for years--still a winner. I also did another "old faithful" from back in the days when I did some catering--gazpacho salad, which combines the ingredients for gazpacho into a layered salad. Again, still good, and a definite possibility. For the steak we were grilling I made a yellow tomato salsa from Barbara Pool Fenzl's Seasonal Southwest Cooking. Barbara was the cooking school teacher last summer when I went to Rancho La Puerta, and her book has some great-sounding appetizers. I'll post the recipes in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment