Monday, January 16, 2012

Choucroute Garnie


Well, once again, it's been quite awhile. I did't manage to take any food pictures for Laura and Weston's CA celebration, but it was our last "summer" dinner, with cocktails outside. Since then, I've been cooking winter fare, including a wonderful Branigan turkey at Thanksgiving and an amazing standing rib roast from the Meat Lab at Christmas.

I got a new ipad for Christmas, and as soon as I can figure it out, I will try posting from that. Shortly before Christmas we had friends over for a traditional charcroute garnie, and I even managed to take a photo. I pretty much followed Julia Child's recipe for the cabbage, though I didn't cook it for quite as long as she recommends. I used duck legs, browned first and then added to the cabbage for about an hour at the end, along with two types of sausages (which I should have poked, as some of them split)and some red new potatoes. The results were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment