Friday, September 18, 2009

Dinner, 9/18/09

It’s almost officially the end of summer, and with temperatures in the high 90’s here in Davis, summer food is still what’s on the menu chez nous. Tonight we grilled chicken with Herbs de Provence (created at home with fresh herbs) and ate it with a bean salad, made with green and white beans, orange cherry tomatoes, nicoise olives and herbs de Provence; green salad with herbs, and herbed rice, along with a California rose wine.

I also made a lemon verbena, mint, and lemon thyme tisane, compliments of Alice Waters’ Simple Food, and some crème fraiche, to go into a cheesecake tomorrow. Somehow I lost my small pottery jar of Herbs de Provence, possibly during our move, so I’m thinking about drying some herbs for the months ahead. Tonight I used rosemary, lemon thyme, sage, basil, lavender, fennel leaves and marjoram, but didn’t have any summer savory, which should be part of the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment